18th October 2020 - 25th October 2020
- Lunar, the Nordic bank which has more than 200k customers in Denmark, Sweden, and Norway raises €40 million Series C investment to jump BNPL space
- PayPal enters into the cryptocurrency world
- Mox is a month old and Hong Kong-based virtual bank released an infographic about how they perform in their first month
- insha raises a €2.5 million seed round led by Param
- Visa's Tap to Phone enables businesses to accept contactless payments on any NFC-enabled Android device with no need for additional hardware
- Another pilot for fingerprint biometric card in Asia
- Klar, a challenger bank in Mexico, closed on $15 million in Series A funding led by Prosus Ventures with participation from also former investor Quona Capital
- Central Bank of Bahrain launching a fintech lab: FinHub 973
- Monzo launched their newest account type Monzo Premium and it comes with a metal card
- FinTech Innovation Lab New York accepting applicants for 2021
- Breitling started using Ethereum-based blockchain
- Varo Bank is introducing Varo Advance
Texas-based digital bank Zytara targeting millennials, Gen Z gamers and esports enthusiasts. Digital banking platform also highlighting their own stablecoin, ZUSD.
London-based remittance fintech startup TransferWise announced rebrands as Wise. It's a bold move ahead of the expected-IPO.